Athens


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens
July 2nd 2011
Published: July 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today was a much better day than yesterday…but few things would have made it worse. Zoe and I were able to go into Athens to do some exploring, which neither of us had planned on doing by ourselves so I guess it was a good thing we met each other.
After a 45 minute ride on the metro, we were staring up at the beauty that was the Acropolis. The walk up the hill was only mildly strenuous and there was a wonderful breeze to accompany us on our journey up to the Parthenon. The view of Athens from the top was absolutely breathtaking and there was no way for my camera to truly capture the beautiful sight. It was incredible to be standing in front of such a historical piece of architecture.
After we got our fill of the Acropolis, we did some shopping at some of the many stores nearby. Fatigued from our journey, we sat down to enjoy our first Greek beer. Perhaps it was the heat or my sheer exhaustion, but I thought it to be one of the best beers I had ever tasted.
We had intentions of exploring some of the nightlife near our hotel, but once we were back in our room, the day’s activities caught up with us and we decided to call it an early night.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb