Days 15 - 17: Corfu at Leisure


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens
May 3rd 2005
Published: June 1st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hotel FriniHotel FriniHotel Frini

The view at breakfast
3 sun-filled days on the beautiful Greek Island of Corfu staying at Contiki's Frini Beach Stopover. Whether you're looking for energetic water sports or just want to enjoy the beach, Corfu caters for all tastes. Time to explore on a caique cruise or try parasailing. At night, there's Greek dancing, the chance to sample local specialties and make the most of the nightlife in nearby Corfu town.

Arrived in 'the fu' at about 9, got on the coach to drive half an hour to our hotel, which is on the water. We have an amazing view of the ocean across the road, but the beach is a few kms south. Had breakfast on the rooftop of 'hotel frini', the contiki hotel. Got back on the coach and Marty dropped us into town, where Amanda walked us through to the square, where we can catch the bus to aqualand or the beaches on the other side of the island. Wandered around the town for a while and had our first Gyros (pita bread in a cone shape filled with lamb, salad, tzatsiki and hot chips, kind of like a kebab but 100 times better) for lunch at Mic Mac. Met back up and drove back to the hotel to check in. We're actually staying at a different, better hotel down the road, but it's all the same staff and shared facilities - we have the pool but they have the bar. I'm rooming with Julia, and the rooms are really cool. We have our own verandah and bathroom, and for some reason, cooking facilities.
Spent the afternoon sunbaking, swimming and drinking by the pool. Walked to the supermarket down the road and bought some suncream and stuff, and wine to have with dinner. Had dolmates for dinner, which were interesting, and chicken and veges. Went to the bar downstairs for a couple of drinks, but everyone was pretty much exhausted after drinking in the sun all afternoon, so it was a pretty quiet night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb