Arrival in Athens


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens
October 1st 2009
Published: October 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Athens was the start and stop for our trip. We departed from Atlanta on Aug 31st on a direct flight overnight to Athens, an 11 hour flight.

The airport was easy to navigate and we soon caught caught the Metro (Blue Line) for €6 each to Syntagma Square where we walked to our hotel only a few blocks away. The ride was probably close to 45 minutes, the last 15 minutes the bus was filled with people shoving to get off an on and we were separated from our luggage (in the storage area) by a wall of people. Luckily almost half the train emptied at our stop so we easily got off and out at Syntagma Square.

After checking in to Hotel Niki we caught up on our sleep. Compared to the plane chair it felt great. We spent the rest of the day wandering around the Plaka for lunch, doing the self-guided Rick Steves walking tour and finally dinner before turning in. The walking tour gave us a feel for the size of the city where the major sightseeing sites where we could see all the same places in more detail the following day.

Link to Kodak Gallery Photos.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb