Here we Are!


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens
June 10th 2008
Published: June 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The following was written by all three of us collaboratively, you guys figure it out...

We arrived in Athens yesterday to find out our B & B gave away our room. The owner was English, hmmm.... So we rented a car a got out quickly. It was a bit grimey, noisy, and the cars and mopeds had no rules to follow. It was like frogger trying to cross the street towing 7 pcs of luggage. Had the best Gyro at this little storefront, not like the pretend Gyros we have at home. Greektown, eat your heart out. And the dogs, they roamed the streets like the squirrels back home. We went to a small town called Loutraki, just north of Corinth. We walked on the board walk along the Gulf of Corinth -SO Beautiful at sunset We tried to publish the whole sunset but enough is enough!. Had a great souvlaki in a little resturant (taverna). Then off thru the Canal of Corinth, well not thru it but over it on the bridge. Brave Gordy wanted to bungi but the guy before him in line got the last ticket. Darn. Then thru many small villages, stop at an old cemetary, stopped at a road side wine stall and bought a liter of chardonay for 4 euro -WOW, the lady musta been 106 years old and in bad need of a manicure, we used body lanuage to communicate and picked out a wine. Saw the Theater at Argos & part of the village (what was left 'cuz the current town was built on top of the old! Met some people from Ohio, small world. We are now in the town of Nafplion, a town that has not changed much since the 15th century )sort of like our house). We are going to climb the Palamidi Fortress, maybe another bungi opportunity- it has 999 steps up to the top -the wine will be wonderful when we get back to the bottom 😊 Or the climb up will be even more wonderfull if we drink the wine first...Then we are going to take a cruise to the Bourtzi, a small castle on a harbor island.

Liam & Chloe- we love you and miss you
Denise- you better read this blog- there is going to be a test when we get back
Nancy & Nigel- your care package has saved us many times, the toliet paper was the best!
Mr. L- can you find out if Mr. Mercer will count this blog as a paper for next year, LOL
My insurance agent- please increase my policy.

(_/)
( . . ) Sydney Oliva
(")(")


if any of my friends get a hold of this, YES i will bring you sand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

at sunsetat sunset
at sunset

awwwwwww:)
Canal of CorinthCanal of Corinth
Canal of Corinth

4-mile, 90 ft wide passageway built 1881-1893 by 6,000 Jewish slaves
Ancient Argos ruinsAncient Argos ruins
Ancient Argos ruins

The oldest continuously inhabited city in the western hemisphere.
Argos TheaterArgos Theater
Argos Theater

5th Century, sat 20,000
cemetary in Argoscemetary in Argos
cemetary in Argos

way cool headstones, whole families were buried on top of each other
Bourtzi castleBourtzi castle
Bourtzi castle

built 15th century


10th June 2008

Incredible
Incredible journey thus far, Olivas. Not nearly as exciting as our local power outage, but interesting just the same. Thought Gordy would want to know, the Toejammers lost both games to the light blue team last night, but we held our own---even without your guidance. Our shirts are SWEET! We'll miss you at Club on Thursday, Leslie. Continue to enjoy your spectacular journey. I look forward to reading and sharing your adventures. Bon Rae
10th June 2008

Awesome
Awesome report, great pictures. Heard there was an Earthquake in Greece. Maybe just before you got there. hope you didnt feel it. have a great time. Cuz Dave
10th June 2008

Experience of a lifetime
Hey, guys... Looks like the three of you are having a wonderful time; Sydney, you're so lucky your parents are doing this for you (though, I think you deserve it!). Keep up the inspirational blogging!
11th June 2008

so fun
looks awesome. glad to hear youre having fun. nice to read your blog and look forward to more :)
12th June 2008

I'm reading
Not only am I reading this but I had to scour my spam box to find it . . .great pics! Glad you're having a good time. Sabrina misses Liam and I miss all of you (sniff, sniff). Need to get a Kleenex now . . . Love the sunset!
14th June 2008

Amazing
Amazing it is. Barb actually forwarded this to me!!!! It was a bit touch and go, but she did it. (Barb, don't be mad on me when you read this :-)) You guys are having an amazing time! Wish I was with you. Keep the the pics and blogs coming. Be safe. Love to all of you - Cousin Adele P.S. We went to the Redcoat with your dad tonight and then out for ice-cream. Didn't get home until about 11:00. He's looking good!!
14th June 2008

OOpa!
Love to read about your adventures. Love to read about the wine (hmm, getting thirsty)! looking forward to the next installment.

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb