Becoming a gyro


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens
January 11th 2007
Published: January 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Welcome Elliott! Adam's younger brother has joined us for Greece. He arrived wide-eyed and curious about everything: wandering the streets of Venice, he stopped in every single store. We have enjoyed having a third opponent in Scrabble and an additional friend on the trip. After picking him up in Venice, we traveled to Athens, Greece, where we will soak up the sun for an indefinite amount of time.

We have much to attribute to the Greeks: The Olympic games, theatre, philosophy, tales like the Odyssey and the Illiad, and of course democracy. It is thrilling to be in a place with so much history and living culture.

Walking around last night, I could feel the vibrancy of young people and pulse of energetic street cafes. Street fires were lit by vendors and live music poured out into the streets. Today we were assaulted by vendors hawking their illegal CDs, tasted the juicy meats of gyros and meandered through the Acropolis. They say pictures are worth 1000 of my words, so today Ill just let the pictures do the talking.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

The Newest BackpackerThe Newest Backpacker
The Newest Backpacker

Elliott joins the crew.
The reinforcementsThe reinforcements
The reinforcements

Thanks Mrs. Shor


14th January 2007

first...i miss you! second....i love the cat mixed in the ancient greek ruins! third....athens looks beautiful despite the mixed reviews i have received about the city. hope you are enjoying your new leg of your wonderful trip!!!

Tot: 0.224s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 15; qc: 73; dbt: 0.1211s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb