Leaving Athens


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens
March 28th 2011
Published: April 16th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We were up by 7am and a little later, caught the X96 airport bus from the Glyfada/Voula area. It was a packed ride of about 45 minutes. We arrived to the airport at about 9am. We checked in for our flight and went to the gate.

We cleared for business class again and I had seat 4A. We were soon in the air on board Delta flight 133, which was an Airbus 330-300 aircraft. I watched the movies "Unstoppable" and "Napoleon Dynamite", even though I had seen both films before. The meal was a pasta dish and we had another ice cream sundae for dessert. I took a little nap and then woke up for a light shrimp salad meal before landing. The flight was smooth and we landed 20 minutes early due to a tailwind.

Our arrival process into JFK was relatively easy and we were out of customs within 30 minutes or so. We had about 4 hours until our connection so we just had a snack and waited around the airport.

At 7:05pm, we departed New York on a Delta Connection CRJ-200 to Indianapolis. The ride was smooth and we were back in Indy by 9:30pm.

I must say we really enjoyed Athens. Everything about it, from the people, to the food, to the city itself was just wonderful! The weather was perfect at about 70F during the days. I wish we'd had some time to visit some of the islands and so I guess we will have go back and do just that! Santorini here we come!!

Thanks for reading!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb