Saturday in the Alps


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
June 30th 2014
Published: June 30th 2014
Edit Blog Post

This weekend we spent time with our host families. We all did different things like hiking or rafting. On Friday, we all went on a tour of Munich while our host partners were in school. We learned about the history of the town and medieval life. Munich used to be very small and it grew out of the crossing of two trade routes. We found it was interesting that after the bombings in WWII, the Münchens rebuilt the Saint Peters Church first. We also visited the famous market called Vicktualienmarkt that sells fresh produce, meat and other German goods. This market is very traditional, they have strict rules like no plastic or food to go. We also learned a lot about beer, but of course we did not have any. Our tour guide also managed to give the entire two-hour walking tour in heels. After our tour, we went home with our host families and attended various events like graduations, or a cookout on the river. On Saturday, some of us drove an hour south and went hiking on the foothills of the German Alps.



Written by:

Annika and Megan


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb