Winos here...


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Rhineland-Palatinate
June 21st 2005
Published: June 21st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone! We are now in Cochem, the second c is silent. This place is small and very quiet, which is much appreciated after Pragueand it´s crowds. We got here on the 19th and we stayed at a youth hostel that was completely deserted. A couple schools were coming in the next day so we had to find a new place cause they were all booked up. We ended up getting a great deal on an apartmentguesthouse that has it´s own living room, bedroom, full kitchen, porch and even... washing machine! And for only 20 euro. Amy and I fought over who got to use the washing machine first, I won of course... It´s a good thing because I had started to take dirty clothes out of the bag and decide which one smelled the least, yeah gross, I know. We met some Norwegan guys and hung out with them the first two nights. Their wine is okay, Jim you would not like it... it´s all white. Tonight we are gonna take it easy. It is starting to storm so hopefully we´ll make it home and not get too drenched.
Yesterday we went to this really awesome castle. It is one of the only castles in the area that still has it´s original structure and furnishings. It was quite a hike to get there so I can understand why it stayed intact. Today we rented out some bikes and took a ride south through a couple towns. Every town on the Mosel River has it´s own castle. When we came on the train Amy and I were both in awe.
Tomorrow we are up and at ém and on to Paris! I am excited to do more shopping and see everything I want to. Okay the power may go here soon so this will be short. I´ll ckeck back when I ´m in Paris.
Lots of love - Courtney


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



21st June 2005

sounds good
Sounds like washing your clothes was a good thing! I'm really glad that you had a chance to regroup and fight with Amy over the washer! Have fun in Paris and send more notes. We are really enjoying hearing from you! Tell Amy HI. Love Mom and Jim

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb