2nd week


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » North Rhine-Westphalia » Dinslaken
February 8th 2011
Published: February 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Havent done much since i last wrote on this. On Saturday went to Carinas grandparents house for her grandads birthday. For the 10 of us they had 4 homemade cakes that were so good. Her family were pretty similar to ours, relaxed and nice. Yesterday I went to where I will be working. Met the guy i will be working with. His german is nt too good but Carina said i will be able to understand him easier because he will make the same mistakes i will when talking german which shouldnt be too bad. Once my german is good enough i might end up learning some polish off of him. He said that the language barrier wouldnt matter too much because he learnt the same like me and will use his body and hands to explain things and that im more helping him than doing anything difficult to start off with. I was going to go in today but i need proof of where im living and some other paperwork to be done before i can start.
Yesterday I had my first drive over here. Not to difficult except that the roads are really skinny and the weird right before left rule thing. This weekend we are going to visit Ole and will ski if there is enough snow or we will visit some of the local historical towns near him so will be a bit longer and interesting next week maybe.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.256s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb