Wiesbaden


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Wiesbaden
April 29th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Wiesbaden


This week: Wiesbaden!

This city is the capital of the state Hessen and is located southwest from Frankfurt Am Main. It takes about 50 minutes by train from Darmstadt or Frankfurt Am Main to Wiesbaden. The city is charming! As "Historical Highlights of Germany" website states: "A poet's dream of a region..." is how Heinrich von Kleist once described Wiesbaden and its charming environs along the Rhine River.

We were a group of four travelling to Wiesbaden on this beautiful Sunday afternoon. We were travelling without a specific plan or pre-set high expectations. We just wanted to spend a day in the capital of Hessen and see what it had to offer us.

The city looked peaceful, quiet and relaxed. It was Sunday so all shops were closed and there were only a few tourists on the move. We walked from the main railway station towards the city center. It was obvious from the first glance that Wiesbaden is a mixture of modern and traditional architecture and lifestyle. There is an old historic building, "Das Kurhaus" (Assembly rooms), a Casino, a hot fountain Kochbrunnen, a beautiful market plaza with the "Lutheran Marktkirche" (Market Church) and, of course, there is a "Schloss" (castle) as there is a castle in almost every German city!

Suggested place to visit: Neroberg

You can get there by funicular cable car or by walking. Very nice place for a picnic!




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb