River Ferry and Minigolf


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hamburg » Hamburg
July 31st 2012
Published: July 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we ventured in to the city as a mixed group for some shopping and a very cool ferry ride on the Elbe.

On the calendar, we were supposed to visit Dialogue In The Dark, but due to a scheduling snafu, we will be realizing that experience on Thursday. So, it was 90 minutes of free time in the city for the kids. There were no complaints of course!

We met back at Landungsbrucken in order to catch a certain river ferry. One of our host parents is the captain! We were treated to a great sightseeing experience from the decks of the boat and we also got to venture into and hang out in the wheelhouse to see just how the job is done! It was an awesome experience that not many people get!

Yesterday we played some black light minigolf that was akin to midnight bowling during the American leg of the exchange. It was one tough course, and an incredibly imaginative one as well! Chris Cammock destroyed us all… next stop for him is no doubt Augusta National for the Masters next spring!

Tomorrow is the Amazing Race! I will post the teams here shortly!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Amazing Street PerformersAmazing Street Performers
Amazing Street Performers

These two had a crowd! Levitating! It was pretty darn impressive!


Tot: 0.436s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.1966s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb