What A Day! And Pics!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hamburg » Hamburg
July 2nd 2008
Published: July 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

It was yet another great day here today! We met as a group this morning and discussed how things were going with their families and at school. It sounds like things are really going well! We heard lots of fun stories from home and trips that they have been on around Hamburg already. Funny and interesting stories abound!

After our meeting, the kids went to class with their partner or attended an English class with Ms. Herder and I in order to help some younger German students with their English language skills. Then it was off on a walk to the Phoenix Mall. This 3 story giant had our kids grinning from ear to ear. They had about 2 hours to shop and wander the mall before we met for ice cream at a shop on the third floor. Then it was nack to school for the welcome dinner.

The welcome dinner was a blast! We barbequed and talked. The food was excellent, the company grand and the atmosphere jovial. The students had a great time playing soccer, American football, or just hanging out and chatting in the grass. Three hours later, it was time to call it a day.

Tomorrow we are off to a museum in Hamburg and then we will climb the tower of an old church, (200 winding steps worth of tower). It should be another fantastic day!

I decided to have the students document their experience at the welcome dinner tonight. I simply gave my camera to a student and told them to take a few pictures and pass the camera on. There are some great shots that really seem to capture the great time we are having here so far!

Enjoy!

-Ben


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



4th July 2008

What fun!
Looks like everyone is having a great time. What memories are being made. "I remember way back in 08' when I spend a few interesting days in Hamburg, Germany".....what a hoot. I hope everyone is really soaking it all in. It seems to go so fast - sounds like they are really keeping everyone going and busy. Happy travels to all! Barb Davidson (Ben's Mom)

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0253s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb