Berlin and somewhere in the Netherlands


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin
August 2nd 2007
Published: December 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 52.5235, 13.4115

First class train to Berlin (59euro) not too impressive as we had no table! 6 hours 17 mins later we were 36 mins late arriving in Berlin (not too bad?). Last stop in Poland was called Rzepin where we stopped for 20 mins to get passports checked and the 1st stop German side is 'Frankfurt Oder'.

We had a 5 hour lay over in Berlin Ost station and I can think of worse places to have to do it - like Berlin Central. Berlin Ost is really nice with loads of eateries and beer and lovely staff. And outside we could see the East Berlin TV tower we were in a few years ago which was cool. We are not stopping over properly in Berlin or Brussels as we have been to both in the last few years.

So 9.15pm on platform 7 we boarded our Brussels overnight train and had our lovely 2 bed carriage complete with bathroom - toilet AND shower for €159 each and this included breafast in bed at 6am. Europeans know how to charge but what a service. We did stop at Berlin Central and Berlin Zoo and didn't seem to really get going fast til 10pm but that was fine. My phone message tells me we were welcomed to the Netherlands at 4am but where I dunno and I was too sleepy to look.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0198s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb