Germany Take 3: Back to Nurnberg


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Nuremberg (aka Nürnberg)
June 26th 2008
Published: July 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Street Parade 18 secs
Ich Liebe DeuchlandIch Liebe DeuchlandIch Liebe Deuchland

I love Wienerschnitzel... :-)
Our last Europe installment took us back to Nurnberg to view the Eurocup quarter finals (Germany vs. Turkey) back with our friends.

We spent a great evening watching the game in a pub in a small town near Nurnberg where Joachim's boyfriend, Stephane, went to dental school and lived.

Once again the excitement in the air was extreme, since Germany was playing Turkey, and Germany has a high Turkish population, there were high tensions. Whoever won this game would play Spain in the finals on Sunday for the championship.

Germany won... and the streets went wild. An impromptu parade broke out in the streets. Cars blowing their horns and German flags being waved everywhere. It was a blast. After the show its the after party...

On Saturday, we took off to Wortzberg in search of a hillside, garden party to celebrate Mary's birthday, Wolfgang's girlfriend, who made one of her rare public appearances from Texas. There we mingled with other Americans and zee Germans.

The next couple of days were spent more relaxed, preparing for our Asian Invasion. Saying goodbye to Joachim was hard, since he was so hospitable... we love you... TROUBLE! Our flight was meant to depart on that Monday, allowing us to see the final game, but the airline cancelled our flight and changed it to the night of the game. While over Mongolia, we learned that Germany had lost the game.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Big football fansBig football fans
Big football fans

Another pint please
Bye Joachim!Bye Joachim!
Bye Joachim!

Thank you for everything. You're the best.
Air Berlin over SiberiaAir Berlin over Siberia
Air Berlin over Siberia

Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane.


Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0729s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb