Miltenburg and a visit to a farm


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Miltenberg
September 16th 2022
Published: September 17th 2022
Edit Blog Post

We started out today with a tour of Miltenberg. It had classic German village architecture. Unlike many of the other ancient towns we've visited where high end chain stores have taken over, this place seemed to be popular with Germans, had local crafts and art and was a refreshing change.

Later in the day, we visited a local farm. Totally fascinating. The owners (a very handsome couple in their late thirties) were a florist and a butcher who with absolutely no experience in running a cattle operation started their farm over a decade ago. The wife who gave the tour spoke very good English (with a hiccup occasionally) and was very informative and easy-going. Extremely likeable and smart. No traditional dress here: she was dressed like a fashionable business woman. They are a bottom to top farm: they raise the beef, slaughter it, make sausage and beef cuts and sell to the high end German culinary and private market. After many years doing this and raising three kids, she seemed still amazed that she was living this life and though they were given no chance by the locals to succeed, pulled it off. I guess America is not the only place where opportunity awaits those who take advantage of it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.036s; cc: 15; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0184s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb