Ingolstadt (Germany) to Paris


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Ingolstadt
June 21st 2010
Published: June 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Train trip Ingolstadt to Paris


Arrived 1 ½ hrs late back to factory to drop car off at factory so this meant a little less time of sitting at the station. Our train wasn’t due to leave until 12.20am and we got to station at 8pm we found a locker to put our bags in and then we were going to find some where to look around and have dinner to fill in the time.

Unfortunately where the station was there was nothing else except residential homes. We found a restaurant but I was not really hungry from our big lunch so we just walk two blocks and headed back to station where there was a café that had internet and food. Greg got something to eat and was about to enquire about the internet when they started to send us out as they were closing up. I quickly grabbed a sandwich and then we sat and read for the next 3hrs.

On going for a walk to the toilets later in the evening Greg came across a pub that was open but by then we didn’t have long to wait and it didn’t look like any females were in there.

First train was only 1 ½hrs but next train wasn’t until about 4.00am so I made myself comfortable with blanket and bags as pillows and pulled out my book while Greg went for a wander. He came back and told me we were at wrong platform so we decided to move then and we got chatting to some Germans for a little while, had a hot choc and I continued to read. When train was due they announced that now pulling into different platform which was the original one we were on so down the stairs again with the bags just in time to get on train. (there were quite a few announcements with our train journeys that we totally didn’t understand and were quite grateful that there was always someone around that spoke English to tell us what was going on).

This third journey was about 3 hrs so could a little bit of sleep and then had to change trains again for final trip to Paris again another 2 1/2hr trip, I was too scared to fall asleep on this one so read again, there was a little delay so arrived in Paris at about 10am.

Kath

Advertisement



Tot: 0.233s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb