KLW + 1A Fussen


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Fussen
July 30th 2017
Published: July 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

If you're an avid photo follower don't get too excited as most of the photos are of a big Bavarian parade that passed through the town. Seemed like a mixture of Moomba and the Sydney Mardi Gras, with all the leather and feathers and braces and ... But really the lederhosen come up pretty well and some of guys you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley. There were bands and horses and bands and wagons and bands and the mayor and bands and did I mention bands, well there were lots of them. There was even a cow bells group, sounded just like the real thing. Random yelled sort of yodels accompanied the music and the marchers were having fun which was a bit of a surprise as you usually see lederhosen guys with steins in beer gardens. It was Sunday though and I think they put at least a temporary halt on the beers.

We walked around Fussen on a sort of self guided tour which was OK although the information content was fairly curt and simplistic. The buildings and the town centre looks good. Usually crowded with tourists the restaurants and cafes are awash with accents all ordering coffees and cakes through the day then pizza at night. Here there are American pizza restaurants, kebab places and numerous Asian restaurants with menus in German. That still strikes me as a little odd. We had kebab last night as we didn't want anything big (that means Bavarian) and it was fine. They sold good King Ludwig beer so the combination worked well.

We met Hanna Lorre and Karsten today which was delightful. They haven't changed a bit and remain good conversationalists and really it was good to catch up with them. It has never been difficult to persuade them to have a drink then a coffee and cake and today was no exception. That though is certainly no grumble. German cakes are pretty good and if you can avoid excessive cream (yes there is such a thing) and select judiciously you can do very well.

Tomorrow is castle day. Who comes to Fussen and doesn't do the castles, come on! So it will be a bright and early start in order to catch the 7:30 bus. I'll let you know how it goes.


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.303s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0716s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb