Day 67: Liechtenstein To Fussen


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Fussen
May 8th 2011
Published: May 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Leaving Liechtenstein quickly, it is an ok place but I would not come back or want to live there, we headed to Austria intending only to drive through up to Fussen in Germany. What a hidden gem this part of the world is, stark mountains with deep valleys filled with little Austrian villages just like you see in the movies, again the scenery is breathtaking and again we have so little time to see much. Driving through one town just north of the Flexen Pass we saw a chairlift that crossed the road, quite a sight to see, it seems as though all of the towns through this part of the mountains have a couple of chair lifts for skiers, no wonder they are so good at it. The other thing, is that I have never in my life seen so much firewood stacked outside the houses, literally tons of it and they also seem to have a lot of solar panels on the roofs, lots of sun in the valleys I guess. Well leaving the valleys it was a straight run on beautiful wide sweeping rods crossing into Germany around 3.00 and arriving at the most luxurious camp ground we have ever seen, 5 star no less. Not too badly priced considering the amenities, heated swimming pool games room, saunas etc. Situated right on the lakes edge Camping Hopfensee is a must when in this area, both the two castles are nearby and the town itself is quite beautiful. With Pam having to work it was time for me to take a little time out and try and work out the kinks from the last 8500kms of driving, and Bree headed to the cinema to watch a movie.. Dramas seem to happen when you least need them and the internet connection was lousy and the camp wifi would not allow a connection to Pam’s work so plans changed and it was a dip for Pam and I in the pool and then we all sat by the lake to watch the sunset.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.271s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb