A Surprise for your Eyes


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Coburg
May 18th 2005
Published: June 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

More Than Meets The Eye ResopalMore Than Meets The Eye ResopalMore Than Meets The Eye Resopal

it will be up as soon as i can get it to load, i don't know why it won't... very frustrating!
Hey, guys… good news! One of my Resopal design competition entries placed second! Besides being newly rich and world renowned, I will be published in an upcoming issues of “mt international” magazine, and my design has the possibility of going into production.
Because I’m not sure everyone understands, lemme explain… The Resopal company is a subsidiary of the American company Wilsonart, and makes laminate surface materials (just like Formica does). They approached FH-Coburg’s Innenarchitektur department (that’d be my school) about having the students design a basic pattern that incorporates their logo, and that could be used in one of 3 applications: as an overlay to an existing color or pattern on the finish (front) side of the installed laminate, as a design on the contact (back) side of the laminate, or as a shelf liner (contact paper). I perused the catalogs of their products, and decided that their company had a lot of facets to its personality, and that I should make designs according to the different characteristics I perceived. My “More Than Meet the Eye” design was the one that took the cake!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Presentation of Final DesignsPresentation of Final Designs
Presentation of Final Designs

Coincidentally, this is Melinda, presenting her first-prize winning desing to the judges (a designer at Resopal, and a journalist at "mt international", and our teacher Herr Schricker hiding in the background).
The WinnersThe Winners
The Winners

Sonja (4th), Karin (3rd), You guessed it (2nd), Melinda (1st)


30th May 2005

Oh, I'm so proud!
Good work, kiddo! Dad and I knew you'd take Germany by storm! - Mom
31st May 2005

YEA!
thata girl rachel!!! missed ya at the coffee shop this last semester, it was just not the same without you! i hope all is well with you and it sounds like it is. make that money girl! - Sarah
1st June 2005

Congrats
great to hear the good news, you deserve it, I know how hard you work....P - Paul W

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb