On Dry Land


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Coburg
February 20th 2005
Published: June 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

oh, where to begin with it all? ...Arrival to Germany was complicated by a few things. Like overseas traveling isn't enough by itself to put someone over the edge, Melissa and I were both nauseous during parts of the trip to Coburg, which made jetlag even more uncomfortable. Then there was the ordeal of retrieving our luggage. Frankfurt airport is not a very user friendly airport, we found out the hard way, and it took us nearly an hour to claim our luggage. By that time we had missed the train we had intended to take to meet Esther in Würzburg, and we still had to get train tickets! Suffice to say it was a bit hellish.
We finally made it though, to Würzburg, and then on to our new home, Coburg. It’s a lovely little town; my tour book puts the pop. at 43,000, and it's a town of half-timber houses, a large theatre and a castle on the large hill overlooking. And as wonderful as it sounds, Melissa and I had the gall to turn around and promptly leave for a trip after staying at Esther’s apartment for a few days to recover from jetlag. The interim days of arrival and re-departure were filled with wandering town, phone calls and Pimp my Ride with German subtitles. Yes, my friends, we keep it real up in tha ol' coun'ry, too. Fo sho.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Hofbrau HausHofbrau Haus
Hofbrau Haus

During a walking tour that Esther took us on, we went to the building where all my classes will be. Here are Melissa and me, looking baffled.
EstherEsther
Esther

Here's Esther at her apartment in Coburg. She was feeling very, very nica and let Melissa and me stay there for a few days upon arrival (since the dorms weren't open yet).


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb