Trains, Taxis, and Hotel Sonneck


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Schwäbisch Hall
January 10th 2010
Published: January 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The train transitions to Germany were a lot less painful than our trip to France. It took about 5 hours to get from Paris to Schwaebisch Hall but it wasn't too bad. Also, the sun was shining all the way to Germany!!! Once we got to the last train station it was time to find the hotel. We took a taxi. It was probably one of the best decisions I've made in my life. The taxi driver loaded our luggage into his cab for us and took us to the hotel and then took our luggage in. It was the best 10 Euros ever spent.
The Hotel Sonneck is a quaint little place with a restaurant on the main floor. The beds were nice and comfortable, we had our own bathroom and it even had a couch and television. Granted, all of the television shows are in German. We enjoyed a meal in the restaurant and decided to sleep and figure out details the next day. The next day, we walked into town and found a nice little cafe and hunted down the Goethe Institut (where we would later be attending school). The walk was fun. Germany is beautiful and sometimes reminds me of Nebraska (if it had foothills). It was snowing but the temp wasn't bad and the snow was manageable. We got a decent feel for the town and then took a bus back to the hotel. Well, most of the way to the Hotel. The bus driver was convinced we were on the wrong bus and told us to get off so we could catch the other one. Little did he know we were on the right bus. The rest of our time spent at Hotel Sonneck involved Sudoku, movies dubbed in German, journaling, and sleep. The nerves were running a little rampant thinking about starting classes and such. It made sleep a little difficult. Overall, it was nice to relax a little before jumping into classes.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb