Black Forrest


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Lorrach
June 1st 2011
Published: June 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today, Tim, Barbara, and I went to a town called Titisee. It is in the heart of the black forrest, so it was about an hour drive to get there. We drove through some of the most beautiful countryside that I have ever seen. Trees so dense and compacted that you could hardly see into the woods from the road. They call it the black forrest, because the evergreen trees are so close together, that sunlight cannot get to the ground below, making it look black. The ride in was perfect, we had to drive over the highest mountain in the black forrest so we had some excellent views, and while driving down the mountain, we could see our destination. It was a small town surrounding a crystal blue lake. Titisee is more of a tourist attraction than anything. Some of the locals from Tim’s home town laughed when we told them we were going there, it reminded me of Dolly Wood, minus the rides of course. Everything was well kept, and all the buildings were nice and clean. It was definitely a tourist attraction though. Titisee is where the coo coo clock was invented so they had clocks everywhere. More clocks than you could imagine. The ranged from tiny magnets that you could put the fridge, to massive clocks that were priced at over $2,000. It was really cool looking through all of them, because they are all handmade, and not one of them is alike. After the browsing, we made our way down to the lake and found a spot on the patio by the lake for lunch. I ordered curry wurst and a beer. Curry is like a sweet sauce that smothers the bratwurst. It was a different taste, but it was really good. On the ride out of Titisee, we stopped at a ski resort in winter. There is a tower at the top of the highest peak in the black forrest so we were going to ride up the ski lift and check it out, that didn’t work out however, because the ski lift wasn’t working and I wasn’t about to walk all the way up that big of a hill. So we hopped back in the car and Tim and Barbara enjoyed a nice, scenic ride home while I slipped into a coma until we got back to the hotel. Tim and I relaxed in the hotel until we went to dinner with Tim’s family. I described that in the last blog Nights 1, 2, and 3.


Additional photos below
Photos: 51, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb