My trip to Germany


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Black Forest
April 11th 2008
Published: April 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey, so its been a while since i got back from germany, ive been really busy, so thats why ive left this blog entry so late.

I arrived into basel/mullhouse airport 2pm(2 hours late) because my flight was delayed for unknown reasons.
From the airport we travelled through Switzerland and into Germany, it was a very warm day(26C) so we stopped in the village of Weitenau for lunch at a restaraunt called DÖRFSTUPL, which had a farm built onto the side where all the meat for the restaraunt was taken from.


As i said above, it was 26C and so i decided to wear a t-shirt, as i was asked, do you want a pullover, because the people i was staying with thought it was cold.
In Hofen most of the buildings are traditionaly built,Red brick roofs and white walls, an acception is a house across the road from where i was staying, which is painted bright yellow as you can see.

Saturday consisted of Beer!
About mid-day the family and i, sat in the front garden to have a couple of beers and talk motorbikes with Dirk, about 2pm Marcel and i decided to go for
Hofen
a walk, we stopped off at DÖRFSTUPL for a beer, and decided to walk to the nearest town of Steinen, where we went to the supermarket to get, beer!.
We walked back about half the way to Hofen where marcel phoned his mother for a lift home.

On sunday Marcel and i went to VÖGELPARK(Birdpark) which is not even a mile away from there home.
It had alot of animals which were:
Monkeys
Falcons
Owls
Parrots
A bald eagle
Kangaroo's
and an albino peacock.
Monday, the weather was not very good, Vera was at work and Marcel at school, Dirk had the day off so we travelled to the rhine and the canal de alsace, we stopped to have a look at the hydro-electric dam and the locks for ships.
Tuesday i had a day of travelling home.





Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0815s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 4; ; mem: 1.1mb