The vacation from our vacation!!!!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Upper Normandy » Le Havre
July 23rd 2008
Published: July 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Greetings from the coastal city of Le Havre. We arrived here a couple of days ago from Amsterdam...I must admit we were happy to leave the cold rainy weather and come into hot sunny weather...We met our new hosts Abi and Alex. They are our age and they are both social workers. Both of them have been wonderful hosts. They took us to Etretat a little seaside town with a killer view off white cliffs lookin down at rock formations to the endless blue sea below. Then we found a nearly desserted rock beach to get some sun. The rock beach is totally different than in America because they are not pebbles but rather large rocks. People just put their towels or chairs on the rocks as if it really were sand...nonetheless my feet were hurting the next day.

Alliey and I cooked for our hosts and 2 of their friends. I made enchiladas but with black beans because we could not find them but rather ground beef and kidney beans. Everyone thought they were very good!!!! Then we had mojitos and pina coladas until late in the evening. VERY FUN!!!!

Our second day was just as fun...all we did was lay at the beach and get sunburnt!!!!However we did stop to have ice cream. I got coconut, passionfruit, and banana!!!

Tomorrow we head to Mont St. Michel and then back to Paris....and then....home to the USA!!!

Miranda

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb