Vivino & dealing with SIM cards in Dieppe, France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Upper Normandy » Dieppe
September 25th 2019
Published: September 25th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Today, I ran...on the London/Paris bike path...well, you know, my shuffle run....it was just the right temperature and the 70%!c(MISSING)hance of rain held off until it POURED at exactly 10 am... Saw some really really gorgeous gardens along the bike path, still with some great looking veggies...

We needed to update our cell phone coverage, so drove into the town...Bill executed a PERFECT park job, figured out how to pay for the parking space with his credit card (which we use ALL the time!) Found the telephone place and there was a “wonderfully proficient in English” person who explained everything perfectly...Then, it POURED...and we got soaked, because we really don’t want to buy yet another umbrella when we have so many back home!

Want to mention the app Vivino... which we use back home to figure out what wine to buy...our standard is to find a wine that scores at least 3.5 out of 5 for about $12 or so.

The wines here in the supermarkets are so tempting when the price is under $5, but, we wondered..is the wine any good? Well, we use Vivino to see what others (in the USA) have rated the wine...AND we are finding some really good wines, rated 3.75 to 4 for UNDER $5. No wonder everyone drinks wine like water!

BTW, tap water is SAFE and tastes good.

We have been eating veggies here in the B&B...tomorrow we drive to Belgium...stay tuned....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0569s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb