10th of June, Passy


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes
July 8th 2013
Published: July 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

In the morning it was raining gently, but not seeing that it would clear up, we decided to go for a walk anyway to the near by place from the house. It was just Jovita and I. Without much of planning we chose the first forest close by and on the map it did not look big, so trusting our feeling for orientation we had a nice walk among many paths, but when we decided to get back, appeared we were lost and ended up at some edge of the forest, which was completely new, passed heard of sheep, got to some direction markings and started figuring out where to go following the marks, which led us nicely around and we approached the house from opposite direction than started, so eventually it was very nice walk, mostly in the rain for about 2 hours. When we got to the house, we wanted to do some work there, but rain was stopping and Peter suggested some driving around and even finding/checking out our new place for stay and how to refuse any drive/exploration of new places.

So off we went.. Short stop at St. Nicolas and to Les Plans, even with my "exact" address, which was not so exact, with Peter's good orientation skills and luck that i recognized place from the picture, after walking through village few times, we found tiny, cute chalet/cottage, where generous host Stephane allowed us to stay, but he wasn't there even. After the success of finding ( weather even got sunny) and being glad what we found, we headed to the climbing rock near Les Contamines. The first morning of arrival the sound of bells from sheep greated us, now we passed cows with bells, which was another charming detail to the place. Those climbing rocks was not for me - vertical wall about 150 meters in height with hooks all over. It was pretty impressive and i felt very attracted to do some easy climb.. For sure, i would of been freaked out completely being even half the way on that tall, smooth wall of the rock. Better to stick to less steep, with grasses and trees coming to my help.

Then we stopped at Les Contamines and got couple cartographic maps. Like preparing for serious hikes by ourselves 😊 Then, thanks to Peter, wanting to show more around we visited Megeve where richies like to stay. But it was beginning of season, town was nice and empty. It had little different atmosphere i would say, but nothing to brag about.

The day ended with delicious dinner by Peter. What to say, he was a very nice host, made big positive influence on the entire trip. I am so thankful.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0905s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 4; ; mem: 1.4mb