Chamonix to Lake Annecy – a dreadfully wet day


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Saint-Jorioz
May 31st 2011
Published: May 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today’s travel blog is brief.
We packed up the Tandy and drove along a fantastically scenic route through the Alps until we came to our campsite alongside beautiful Lake Annecy at St Jorioz. We believe that to be true but were unable to verify the beauty of anything as it rained all day, persistently and very hard without a single break. We have spent the last few hours checking the weather forecasts to see if we should move on elsewhere but it seems that whichever direction we go we are going to be under the very big cloud which is covering this area of France for the next several days at least.
Good thing we have brought plenty of books. Shame it is too cold to use the pool as the campsite has two and I will happily swim in the rain but not when the temperature is only 10 – 12 degrees.
No photos today. Too wet to take the camera outside or indeed ourselves.
Campsite is "Camping International Lake Annecy" at St Jorioz on Lake Annecy. Superb campsite with every facility, pool etc, all excellent and very friendly staff.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0209s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb