Day 6 - Luceny to Combloux, France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Combloux
September 15th 2018
Published: September 15th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Day 6


Finally, we have a relaxing day. After we enjoyed a great breakfast, we relaxed in Michelle's beautiful garden, catching up on the blog, emails, and reading. It is great to just hang back for awhile before heading to today's destination, Megeve, France.

The landscape now turned from vineyards to agricultural, and before long we could see the Alps in the distance. France certainly is a beautiful country, with something for everyone. Along our route, we passed through several long tunnels, carved through the mountains that stood in our way. Exiting the last of these we were treated by white capped mountains, as we entered the French Alps.

Entering one of the small villages, we stopped at a bakery for a quick lunch. Their bagettes are to die for. We then headed for the B & B we had reserved earlier in the day. Our route was up a narrow, switch back road with incredible views of Mont Blanc. As is our routine, days end brought on another problem. The B & B had been double booked, but the owner felt she could fit us all in, and she would reduce the price. We asked to see the accommodations. There
was one medium sized bedroom and bath. Next to it, down a short hall, there was a tiny room with two twin beds. She said that would be for the four of us. The other couple, soon to arrive would get a third room right next to ours, with a loft for their kid about 8 feet away. So, the scenario would go like this. If nature called at 2:00 am, Ray would walk by the kids bunk, enter John and Diane's room, and pray that John wasn't already in the bathroom. Figuring Diane wouldn't be able to contain herself seeing Ray in his tidy whiteys, we decided to pass on the place. Ray said it was like the Walton's house, saying "goodnight John, goodnight Diane, goodnight Pierre, goodnight Larent". We decided to pass on the place. The owner was kind enough to call a small hotel in the next town and reserve us two rooms. It turned out fine, as the rooms were nice, the views spectacular, and nice restaurants near by.

Had a great dinner with some very good local wine. Hoping to get to bed at a decent hour tonight.

Bonsoir


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement









15th September 2018

Trip
Guys trip looks great. Great pictures
16th September 2018

Glad you are enjoying it
15th September 2018
View from the B & B

France
Stunning beauty
16th September 2018

Love your stories. The best trips we have gone on are the ones we did on our own with 1or 2 couples instead of an organized group one. Lots of laughs and you meet a lot of interesting people.
16th September 2018

Happy to hear you are enjoying it, makes all the work worthwhile.
16th September 2018

This trip is incredible . The pictures are beautiful. Your commentary is equally inviting each day. My morning oatmeal is tasting more bland everyday after reading about your meals. Have fun. Sandy I think you should go back and buy that car!
16th September 2018

Glad you are enjoying it! Still haven't talked Ray into buying me that car!
16th September 2018

Fun read
I so enjoy reading the blogs of your trips. And your photos are awesome. it is so much better than reading any travel book! Look forward to reading the rest of your adventures on this trip!
16th September 2018

Thank you Janet. We're glad you enjoy it. We have fun doing it.

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 15; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb