Chamonix Snowboarding


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
April 5th 2011
Published: June 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Snowboarding is one of my favorite things to do and Dad and I decided to have a quick getaway together. I love the sense of freedom of being in the mountains and even though snow sports are not a relaxing holiday I would choose to be in the mountains snowboarding over being on a beach any day. The trip started well with a nice Easy jet flight to Geneva and easy transfer to the hotel. As soon as we got to the hotel we realised the season may have been over sooner than we thought. Most of the runs were shut and the ones that weren't had poor snow quality and were also very busy. Despite this it was good to get a few days snowboarding in. Chamonix was a lot smaller than I thought but it is a very picturesque place in the shadow of Mount Blanc. The locals are very friendly and I enjoyed having a conversation with a man who had previous climbed Mount Blanc. Chamonix tends to be very expensive in the height of the ski season and that is a bit off putting. There are many cheaper resorts which are as good, if not better. They tend to be less busy but still of high quality just meaning you don't have to spend lots of money. Around Chamonix there are so many other ski resorts and the public transport is really efficient so it is easy to get to the other resorts if you fancy a change. We went to Argentiere one day and this also had some good slopes. You have the option of either taking the bus or train here. The bus is very good and so is train. The train is slower but travels through some really stunning scenery so if you are in no rush, I would highly recommend the train. All in all I think in the peak of the ski season chamonix would be an amazing place. All day on the slopes and then some good food and relaxation in the cultural town what could be better?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb