Depriving The Kids of Too Much Fun


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
August 13th 2013
Published: August 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Out and About in ChamonixOut and About in ChamonixOut and About in Chamonix

A statue of the first people to climb Mont Blanc
Whilst the weather has been nice for the last couple of days, it was considerably cooler than it had been before the storms arrived. However, today the heat was back with vengeance. We had decided that today would be a relaxing day before the long drive back to the UK, so it was a mix of the swimming pool and some final last-ditch photo opportunities. There may have been a small number of remaining angles that I haven't taken photographs of Mont Blanc from yet, so I had a day to get those done. I've now got hundreds of pictures to bore all my friends and family with when we get back.

It was also a sad last trip to our favourite Pâtisserie for croissants for breakfast, not to mention pain au chocolat and a baguette for lunch, which was a sad moment. We'll have to make do with the UK supermarket ones in future.

We also thought we would take advantage of the offer that was included with our lift passes for the "buy one get one free" on the Alpine Luge, and let the kids have some more goes. Once we got tickets for three rides (doubled to six), I decided that I would have a go as well, rather than letting the kids have all the fun. They didn't say anything, but I could tell in their faces that they weren't impressed as the three goes they were expecting each had now become two.

You control the speed on yourself as you go round, and brake where necessary. To be honest, you don't really need to brake. You can go flat-out all the way round and it's not as if you'll go flying off the rails if you go round the corners too fast. That said, you do need to brake if you're getting too close to the person in front and at the end. I managed to get one go flat-out, however on the second go there was someone in front of us who was very cautious and slow, so a number of us were all backed-up behind her.

We decided that we would try and get rid of all the 1c, 2c and 5c coins that we had accumulated whist we had been here, so I used them to buy a postcard. The lady in the shop took it well, as I was expecting a none too favourable response. Mind you, if she wasn't happy, it's not like I could have understood what she was saying anyway.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb