TOULON, FRANCE


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
November 15th 2017
Published: November 15th 2017
Edit Blog Post

TOULON, FRANCE

Today we are in the cote d’azur in Toulon. Toulon has a big beautiful harbor considered the best in France and thus the home of the French navy. This harbor has been important throughout the history of Toulon.

The sun is shining brightly today a welcome relief from the rain that we have had for the last 3 days. It is still cool but in the sun it is quite pleasant. We walked into town. The whole waterfront is dedicated to eating with restaurant one after another. As we left the waterfront we came across a very large market selling fruits and vegetables. There are not many shops in Toulon and those that are there do to carry high quality goods. We walked through the “old town” back toward the water. We stopped in the cathedral which looked quite old Some of the older buildings had beautiful architecture with lovely wrought iron railings around the balconies. About 30% of the shops are out of business, the rest were all closed for their lunch of 2.5 hours. After our walk we came back to the ship for a nap.



(I apologize for the paucity of pictures but some poltergeist invaded my computer and despite numerous attempts I could only get two pictures to uplload.)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb