Beautiful St. Paul de Vence, Ooh La La!


Advertisement
Published: August 6th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The next day was Cannes, a gorgeous seaside city, which has a lot to offer vicitors besides the yearly Film Festival. The beaches are pristine sand, unlike most of the Cote d'Azur. We tendered in and out of this port, and of my entire cruise, it was the only time there was a wait to board the ship. It was only abour 30 minutes wait, and at the end of the line we were offered cold lemonade or water, there were nice, clean portable restrooms about halfway through, and they had boarding the tender very well organized. This is where I opted for the Grasse & St.Paul de Vence tour, another hill town, but very different that in Italy, with much narrower streets, and mosaic patterns all the way up the hill. In Grasse we went to the Fraccionar perfume factory. It was interesting to see how perfume is extracted from flowers. It takes a full truckload of rose petals to make one ounce of rose essence. and we had the opportunity to buy French perfumes, soaps, aftershaves, etc. Driving through the countryside around here we saw, not fields of corn and wheat, but of roses and honeysuckle, as well as many other flowers used in the production of French perfumes. We wound our way up to St. Paul de Vence, a lovely hill town I would have loved to spend more time in, but we only had about 45 minutes on our own, after a short tour after arrival. There are many art stores that needed more inspection and never did make it to the Cathedral, but again great photo opps around every corner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Display at FraccionarDisplay at Fraccionar
Display at Fraccionar

Elements of perfumes imported from around the world.


Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0797s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb