Finally a dip!


Advertisement
Published: April 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Finally!Finally!Finally!

It was perfect conditions the other day in Cagnes Sur Mer.
Friday 17 April

We’ve had a couple of great days with our dear friends K and P. They arrived, in a rental car from Rome, a wet day, and left us on a wet day, but the three days in between was great. Sun and like 20 degrees. I finally got the opportunity to take a dip in the sea. It was really nice. Not exactly warm, but definitely warmer than Kivik in July 2007…

And K and P didn’t just provide us with a great present (tickets to a summer concert with Thåström/Ternheim for the four of us), singing and a nice dinner, we got our first experience with riding a convertible! Just about time, isn’t it. Now we can cross that from our bucket list.

We also tried the looooong path to Gilette, on the other side of the mountain. It was a horrifying gap in a gorge, like a quarry, and some of us hesitated to continue, but was convinced to go on. Afterwards we noticed the sign in the picture below…

On the last day together we finally had to try the tennis court. We had a great game in beautiful weather. It was some difficulties before we could get there though. First we showed up at the post office in the morning, where I was told we could get hold of the key to the locker containing the net. I said the three magic words: “Tennis, filét, clé”. The lady behind the counter ran all the stairs up to the “mairie”, and got back with a key she didn’t know if it was “good”. We went to the court and tried the key. No, it wasn’t “good”. When we got back the lady told us to wait for her colleague to get there.

After half an hour the young lady came and looked up on us like we were morons. “Key? Just open it! With force!” We told her we tried that as well, the locker door was really locked. She shook her head and gave a signal to a young guy in a truck, who happened (?) to pass. Follow me, he said, and got off in his truck to the court. We walked behind and when we got there the young man was whacking the locker with all his strength, using hammers, screwdrivers, stones… you name it. After a while he managed to open the door to the locker, and said Au revoir. The net was ours and from now on the locker is “locked” with just a stone. Fine.

So, next time you visit Bonson, just remove the stone, and you can play as long as you want. Mind your step though, so you don’t slip on an olive…

/J



Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

A sweet present!A sweet present!
A sweet present!

Riding along the waterside in Cannes
A boule tournament in Cagnes Sur MerA boule tournament in Cagnes Sur Mer
A boule tournament in Cagnes Sur Mer

P is watching the game the way an expert do. "They are not that good"
The long path to GiletteThe long path to Gilette
The long path to Gilette

First everything went smooth...
FerméFermé
Fermé

Are we able to pass the quarry?
I did it!I did it!
I did it!

Happy afterwards...
The rewardThe reward
The reward

Close to Gilette. And a proper road to walk.
Another reward in GiletteAnother reward in Gilette
Another reward in Gilette

After a beer and a really large sandwich, the trip home was a little bit slower, but we managed to get home just before dark.
P and I prefere thisP and I prefere this
P and I prefere this

Better than Upplands Väsby?
Happy Birthday, P!Happy Birthday, P!
Happy Birthday, P!

Yes, P got a bit older as well this day. And had to prepare his own birthday dinner. "I'm used to that".


Tot: 0.369s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb