Back in France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
August 25th 2006
Published: August 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We were pleasantly surprised to find our Helvetique hostel was actually a hotel and a good 3 star one too - airconditioning, nice ensuite..what else could we have asked for?!..esp after a 13 hour journey from Riomaggiorie which included three connecting trains.

Nice was supposed to be our r&r destination..and that it sure was! We were hideous to look at by this stage - travel fatigue had hit us and we had also developed some serious body rashes from our stay in Italy so we made a visit to the local pharmacy to get some antibiotics. Instead we were given some really strong sedatives to cure our allergies which also knocked us out for hours on end..therefore we ended up leaving our hotel fairly late in the day..

We mostly relaxed on the beach..strange enough beaches in nice don't actually have sand..instead they have a shoreline of 2 mts covered with gravel and pebbles..not nice to walk on!..Also managed to do some window shopping . Unfortunately our planned visit to Monaco to test out our well-trained gambling skills (from Venice) did not eventuate! Another disappointment when our plans for a night-out blew up in our faces..priya even made the painstaking effort of wearing one of her new dresses she had bought in Prague..and it all came to waste..

That's all she wrote..


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.227s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb