Change of plans and parasailing in Nice


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
August 21st 2011
Published: August 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We woke up around 10am and decided to get breakfast, get some emails in, and catch a bus for 2 hours back to Cannes for the day to meet up with our friends again. We got on the bus and it was literally 105 degrees plus humidity on the bus because the fan and AC wasn’t working. We sat there for 5 minutes while they tried to figure out the problem. All I could think about was how hot I was and the beads running down my back. They put us all on another bus and we were off. About an hour into the ride, we realized that we should give Nice a shot and go back. So, we jumped off in Antibes and caught the next bus back to Nice.
We hopped off at the first stop that showed signs of a beach because all we wanted to do was get in the water. The water, once again, was so blue. Later on that night we bought matching blue bracelets to signify our time on the Cote d’Azur (precious!). We soon met a good fellow named Medhi and his friends from Lille who were on vacation in Nice for 2 weeks. He was knew English really well, but it was hard for his friends because they didn’t know any at all. We hung out on the beach and learned some new swear words in French.
We had a lonnnnggg walk back to the hotel, but on the way we decided to go parasailing! Mary didn’t want to do it because it was borderline pricey, but I wanted to do it so bad that I just paid for her. While we were waiting, we chatted up the guys working at place. We were all hooked in and they must have been distracted because we had to remind them to tell us what to do. I’ve gone parasailing once before at Hilton Head Island, but this was just magnificent. The ascent was crazy and the water was so blue. And the we turned around to see all of Nice and it’s beaches. What a sight just 2 hours before sunset. They dipped us in the water twice, which threatened the integrity of our bathing suit bottoms. We also got an ab workout holding our legs up.
That night we walked around the markets and the square again, got a quick Panini and gelato and went on a search for wine. We found the wine, but we have a reoccurring problem of not having a wine opener. So we bought a magnet that had a screw on it and that’s that. We walked that long distance once again to the beach and almost called it quits because we were so tired. Medhi and his friend Jimmy got there just before we were about to leave. We ended up having a great time telling jokes in French (some of which are plays on English words so it was quite difficult for Jimmy because he didn’t speak English).
After we finished the bottle of wine, we put a note in and casted it into the med sea. However, Medhi through it once, horrible throw, so he went out to fetch it and re-through it. Later that evening, a really drunk, older gentleman came over to talk about the bottle. Mary thought he was scolding us for throwing out good wine, but he was actually saying something about sardines (later we realized he was talking about Sardinia, an island off the coast of Nice).
We went swimming in our undies for the last time in Nice. Walked back to the hotel; we had to get up at 6 to catch the first of four trains to Cinque Terre, Riomaggiore, Italy.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.188s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb