France and Monaco


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
April 20th 2011
Published: April 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 19th April 2011 - We booked a tour of Monaco and Monte Carlo which proved to be extrememly interesting. Most striking thing about the place is the wealth that is displayed - expensive cars, houses...everything.

We toured the old town of Monaco and then across to Monte Carlo itself and also saw the preparations for the Grand Prix and the rack which is due to be run in May. Our guide told us that during the GP balconies overlooking the course are rented out for 5,000 Euros per hour!!!!!!!!. He also told us that property to buy in Monte Carlo is 50,000 Euro per square metre.

The boat harbour houses some of the biggest cruisers and yacht's that we are ever likely to see.

Monte Carlo was a real eye openner and we even dropped into the main casino - did our dough on the pokies in a couple of minutes. Some of the cars at the casino and cruising around the town are unbelievable - porsche, maserati, corvette, bentley.....you name it they are there and are mostly convertibles too.

Tomorrow we plan to do a tour of Nice itself and will upload some more pics and a story.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb