Day 35: Moustiers-Sainte-Marie To Nice


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
April 8th 2011
Published: April 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Before heading off for the day we went back up to the village for some photos and a visit to the market day there, if the night was good the daytime was even better, let the photos speak for themselves but my recommendation is if you are anywhere near this area make it a MUST DO as it is a great place to visit. Heading off for the hills the drive through the gorge was spectacular and the views of the river below were fantastic, again this is a must do when in the region. We came across a group of old vintage cars doing the run who had stopped off at the hotel part way through and were having a merry old time, the oldest car there was 1912 not bad for an oldie. Driving the hills and valleys of Provence were just what we had come to expect from France with great scenery and sweet roads for driving, would love to drive them in a Ferrari with the road closed. Coming down from the plateau we entered the hills and cliffs of Nice and what a trendy posh city this is, mostly steep hills and a lovely waterfront it is mid way through the French Riveria, very expensive and not my cup of tea. The campsite Val Fleuri was average, bloody hard to find but ok for the night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.269s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 77; dbt: 0.077s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb