Day 3 - Cruise - Tour - Nice


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
October 2nd 2008
Published: August 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Drive along the famous Grand Corniche, originally built by Napoleon. Enjoy a scenic view of Roquebrune Cap Martin near the Italian border and La Turbie before reaching Monaco. Upon our arrival in Monaco, your coach will drive along a portion of the Grand Prix Motor Race circuit to the jewel of Monte Carlo, its Grand Casino. Visit the Rock of Monaco, the walled city overlooking the sea, and the modern city of Monte Carlo. Our guide will escort us through the old quarter of Monaco passing the Oceanographic Museum, the 19th-century neo-Romanesque cathedral, and the Prince's Palace. At Monte Carlo's Grand Casino, we could try our luck, browse through the exclusive shops in Casino Square or sit at a cafe for some people watching. Lunch will be served in a local restaurant in Monte Carlo.

Drive along the Middle Corniche to the charming medieval village of Eze. Perched on the cliff 1,400 feet above the Mediterranean, the views are spectacular as you look back over Beaulieu and Villefranche. The village is best explored on foot, with its narrow cobblestone streets, many little shops and local artisans. Returning to Villefranche, our coach will drive along the Lower Corniche Road, passing some of the quaint resort villages before returning to the harbor in Villefranche. Time permitting; we will have approximately 45 minutes of leisure time in Eze and 1 hour in Monte Carlo.

After an extensive uphill walk to reach the Grand Casino Square in Monte Carlo. A passport is
required to in order to play and receive winnings. The drive between Villefranche and Monaco/Monte Carlo is approximately 1 hour each way, dependent upon traffic conditions.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb