"its like where's waldo...


Advertisement
Published: July 30th 2003
Edit Blog Post

only with topless women" -Tania, on counting the topless women at the public beach in Juan Les Pins.And kinda like the men in speedos, most of the women going topless are not the ones with the best figures. Only about 15% or less of the women are topless so it is no big deal.
People tend to be 1 of 2 colors down here, dark brown or bright red. I am an exception, i am white.
I left Belgium for Nice bright and early to avoid a airport fiasco like last time. No problems! My last night in belgium was marked by the best waffle i had eaten the whole time taking a kamikazee dive onto my pants, leaving a trail of chocolate down my leg. doh. washed the pants, and most of the stain came out.
I got here and Tania and Tish (Tania's mom) met me at the airport since they had dropped off the rental car at about that time. the 3 of us took the bus back here. It is quite surreal here, very pretty. We are staying at Annouks house (Annouk is Tania's little sister Michelle's, who is 11, friend)in a little studio/guest room. The house is like 3 blocks from the water and really pretty. Tish took us out for a really good dinner of mussels, sea bass and ice cream, after which tania, having taken an overnight train the night before, promptly passed out. Tish and i walked along the beach, saw a cool sunset, went shopping (i bought a bikinià then headed back here.
Yesterday the 3 of us went to the Market in Antibes and bought lots of goodies, mainly veggies, and tania and i made dinner for 7. It was pretty good actually! Dessert was a great white:dark chocolate mousse cake, which i am about to eat leftovers of. The power was out from about 7 on, so it got dark and was really cool unitl about 10:30 when the lights returned.
Today Michelle, Tania and I beached, and now are off to shop then go to CapdAntibe

ahhh, i am truely enjoying this little relaxiton before the homestretch




Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb