France - La Rosiere and training top be a chalet girl


Advertisement
Published: December 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone!!!!!

I am well and truely into my chalet host training in the French alps and loving the people, mountains and everything really.

On the 27th of November (Wednesday) I travelled upto London to complete the about 24 hour journey to the French Alps to start my training with Crystal SKI, so that I can work as a chalet host for the next five months.

To be honest I can't believe that we have only been her three and a half days, feels like I belong here.

The resort we are staying in has no guests (as does not many of the resorts at the min). We are in La Rosiere in the northern alps and me and Agata will leave on Wednesday to travel to La Plagne where we will be asigned our own chalets to look after for the rest of the season. This resort is so empty, its only us and the people from a couple of other companies that are training too.

The snow is falling regularly and is thigh deep in some places, especially on the forest walk between our chalet and the hotel where we have had some interesting lectures, and some not sooo lol.

The chalet that me and Agata are in has fourteen of us, five of which (including us ) are going to be placed in la Plagne. So far everyday begins about 7:30 where (we have been split into group A and B) one group cooks breakfast and the other rates the food and service. The we have cooking demos and one group cooks a three course lunch and the other goes to lectures, then the same happens in the evening. Basically we are all going to get really fat. Resort managers, reps and other ski crystal high ups join us each night and help give us pointers.

Having so much fun, the people I have met are all cool and as they are all travellers etc love hearing about what they've done in thier lives. Although there are a few eighteen year olds who i'm kind of wondering how the hell they are going to run a chalet cooking for ten people.

Some of the lectures are hilarious too, today they told us about light bulbs and emptying a hoover!!! haha

Anyway here are some pics of the amazing mountains, love you all back home but am having an amazing time xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

PoetPoet
Poet

The man in charge mostly of training us, haha


2nd December 2008

hi
Hi babe, i can't believe you are actually there! it sounds so amazing and the pictures look awesome. I'm glad you've made some friends and the training is going well. i expect a three course lunch when i see you next hehe. you look so at home in the pics i'm so jealous lol! things are good here working hard at uni can't wait till xmas. love you and miss you loads xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb