Cagnes sur Mer


Advertisement
Published: October 31st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Early start and trammed to Massena where it was then an easy walk to Albert 1er... (premier). Number 200 bus and not many people so we were able to choose good seats. Half an hour trip to Square Bourdet in Cagnes sur Mer along the waterfront and past the airport and across the Var.
A busy satellite city and from the pictures I saw, a fabulous beach. Many tourists mulling around.
Easy stroll around the shops before we headed up the hill to the Medieval Village Haut de Cagnes. Steep is not even close to describing the ascent and so it was a real effort for me. Really narrow streets and homes with small doorways and windows. It is really surprising how light they are inside after having stopped in one in Arles. (Mind you we were on a corner so had light coming from two sides).
Very quiet place but we could hear crockery and chatter from the open windows. The streets are colourful and everyone has decorated their frontage in some way whether with plants, pots, bright paint... it has an artistic feel to it. Once you reach the top it flattens out into a large square in front of a church and castle. Restaurants and Petanque and snippets of views across the valleys and into the Alpes.

Easy medieval village to get to from Nice and there is the vibrant Cagnes sur Mer township as well with the 2.5km beach right on the doorstep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb