Provence with a bit of rain


Advertisement
Published: May 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

BonniexBonniexBonniex

this is the town we ate lunch in (this picture was taken a few days later, though)
We had breakfast downstairs at Patrick's, and then headed off to a small winery called Domain Marie where we did a short interview with the winemaker. It was a very pretty vineyard and wine storage area, but the rain was still coming down, so we won't be showing it on TV in its full glory. We stopped briefly at a cork screw museum, but barely spent any time there before they closed. We moved onto where our lunch would be, a restaurant called Blue de Tois, where we filmed the chef, also named Patrick, as he grilled and rotisseried prawns, pork, lamb, duck, and a huge steak. Patrick used to be in car finance, and changed careers and accepted a huge pay decrease to open the restaurant, but it is very nice and they're very glad to be living in Provence. We ate tons of food, most of it meat, for lunch. Unfortunately it was still raining when we finished eating, but we still made our way to another vineyard and chateau where they filmed the movie A Good Year. We could tell why Ridley Scott chose the location, as it was really stunning. The chateau was so beautiful, and I cannot imagine living there. We got back to the hotel a little after 5, and had a chance to relax for a while before dinner, which is always scheduled for 8pm while we're here in France. It is looking like our days will be more relaxed here, which I don't mind at all. I was able to take a short walk, basically retracing the route we'd taken yesterday in our walk around the village, and I took a few more pictures since the sun was out. Dinner was fresh melon with port, cod lasagna, lots of wine and cheese, and an amazing chocolate cake that Babette made. Dinner was about 3 hours, and topics of conversation ranged from the movie Borat to a long line of Belgian jokes to George H.W. Bush throwing up on the Japanese prime minister to cleaning out your nasal cavity with salt water.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.232s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 15; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1811s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb