The Adventure Begins DAY 1


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Paris
November 4th 2010
Published: November 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

DAY 1
Our travels have had a great start. We left Toronto on time with Air France. We were both really impressed with their services….free TV, free movies, free games on the screen to play, but most important free WINE!! We had a great flight.
We made it all the way to our hotel in Paris, Hotel du Louvre with no troubles. We left our luggage at the hotel and set out to see the sites. First we visited the Louvre- where we saw lots of great pieces of artwork including the famous Mona Lisa. After, we walked to the Cathedral of Notre Dame….it's incredible to see the attention to detail!!
We then took our chances with the subway system and headed towards to the Eiffel Tower, what a sight to see. The day has been a bit cloudy but a great temperature to walk in all day, about 16C. After the Eiffel Tower we strolled down Champs Elyseés and saw some pretty impressive shopping. Can't forget the Arc de Triomphe that is at the end of the street Champ Elyseés….pretty neat attractions to see in Paris.
We're going to finish off our day at a traditional little French restaurant called La Cordonnerie. It was perfect, we had a taste cucumber salad in a creamy black pepper sauce, veal in mushroom sauce, with his banana rhum flambe for dessert, all topped with a great bottle of red wine! We had made reservations ahead of time, good thing as it was completly booked, we had great seats to be able to watch the chef prepare the meals. Now time for some rest as tomorrow is a pretty big day, Morocco here we come!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Another angleAnother angle
Another angle

Daniel taking his photo of the MONA LISA


9th November 2010
Another angle

Thats a sweet pic Dan!! Was The Last Supper there too??

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0587s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb