Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Paris
June 9th 2010
Published: June 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello again, after a few days..
So I am now in Paris. I actually love the city, but the people are really unwelcoming. Very rude.. Some interesting things i found out are that their city roads do not have lane markers. There is a middle line and nothing more.. Driving over here is a free for all, really kinda interesting. Paris has toilets also on the side walks, kinda crazy.. I have learned a few key phrases in French.. Things like Hello, goodbye, do you speak English, and thank you. The food here is great. I actually had some salmon last night that was to die for. I have been also really enjoying their crepes. The first day here i had a ham and cheese crepe and today i had a chocolate and banana crepe (they are also super cheep). As far as what i have been doing.... THe eurostar was pretty neat. The train goes up to 180 miles per hour (the same speed a plane gets to before take off.) This said, there was an amazing amount of ear popping.. It's crazy how fast the train can take you over hills and bumps.. The sight was nothing outstanding, just a lot of country side. Once we arrived to the train station in Paris we ran through the station to keep from pickpocketing. once outside we were slammed with gipses. This is how i learned to say no in swedish.. I guess when you say "nay" this means no in swedish and then they leave you alone.. Americans are larger targets than others..
Our hotel is super small. THey have an elevator about the size as the hostel in madrid's. Trust me, 36 people trying to get their luggage up was interesting.. Here i am sharing a room with 3 others. Two girls are from Las Angeles, and the other is my last roommate. It is s good time. Last night we went up the Eiffel Tower. It was an amazign view. Although i probably shouldn't have i even spurged and bought wine at the top.. It was amazing.. kinda funny how many people they fit into the elevators going up and down.. We were shoved in like sardines. After this we went and had our salmon dinner. From here we had a booze cruise down the river and saw all the sights at night.. This actually ended up being a crazy time.. we all bought wine and at first were calm. THen we found out there was another group drinking and they were rowdy, so our group joined in.. This was hilarious and fun.. The boat director was not very happy with us. After this we went out to the Latin district and we to two different bars. THey were both pretty neat. We just sat aroudn but we had lots of fun with the whole group. Then the trouble started..
Once people got back to the hotel i guess they were loud (this all happened before i got back from the bar) needless to say, at the time, we were all getting kicked out of the hotel..
Then i arrived to the hotel.. THIs was interesting.. everyone was sneaking from room to room and what not. At the end of the night, we were all in trouble..
This morning our tour director finagled an aggreement for us to stay.. but now for the next two nighty if we're too loud they are goign to call teh police and we are getting kicked out on the spot.. Thus meaning that we would then have to pay out of pocket for a room somewhere. =( I'm gonna be super quiet.. Today I ended up not making my absinthe tasting event.. NOT very happy.. A group of 7 of us were about 5 minutes late (who would have thought it would take an hour on the subway when we were told it woudl be 30 min.) Either way we weren't too worried because there was a second tiem we could meet the group before teh optional.. Needless to say that during this time it started downpouring and we had no cover. We actually stood for about 20 minutes in this rain and the group never ended up coming to the meeting spot. Then we ran to the metro(subway) and begged people to use their phones. We actually got soem kids to let us use their phone. We called the number to call to get our tour director to find out where they are and his number went straight to voice mail.. So sadly i did n't get to try absinthe.. If i can i may try to go to the bar tomorrow..
Tomorrow i am going to the sun kings castle.. And the Louve. I think that were also gonna try hitting up the moulin rouge area. As far as tonight, i am hanging out with everyone in the hotel and then getting a well needed nights rest.
Paris doesn't have very many computer anywhere, but (yea) I now know some peopel that have computers in our group, so when i have time i sould be able to keep up a bit easier.

Love you all..
Jamie

Advertisement



12th June 2010

Hey Honey, Haven't heard from you in awhile. Hope you are having a good time! Well not too good! Love You! Mom

Tot: 0.279s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb