last blog continued


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Midi-Pyrénées » Millau
September 30th 2010
Published: September 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I feel my blog is really getting neglected to thank you mcodnalds for letting me use ur wifi!!!

So the rest of the last blog---

After we returned to the town centre we went back to orange to find out even if we wanted a dongle we would need a french bank account 😞 which was a serious bummer why couldnt 'Didier' the assistant knowing full well we were english ask us if we had a french bank account right at the beginning and save us 2 hours and a bucket load of sweat later...
On a positive not to the day we foudn an estate agent were we asked if there where any 2 bed apartments in the city. to our surprise there was one, we went to go look at it immediatley it was perfect. Fully furnished two bedrooms, really nice apartment with a terrace 😊 only 535 a month water included maybe with other bills it would be 300 each a month, perfect! then our lack of luck came and slapped us back into reality when the woman mentioned we would need a 1000 euro deposit plus one months rent to settle the deal... talk about disheartened!!!!
So after that we came to mcdonalds to use the internet but the connection was crap so after a bit of skyping i took the hike back to the crappy hut we call a home and cried my eyes out, why did everything in france have to be so damn hard!!!
We decided it would be easier to get dinner at the school only to remember the school shuts wed afternoon and the dinning hall wasnt open BUMMER!!! so i had some doritos and went to bed.

This morning courtneys contact took us to banque populaire to open and account, which was, excuse the pun, sound as a pound. Yeaaahhh we have a bank acocunt which means if i give my details to the school i could get paid earlier yeaah more money!! and french bank account equals internet right?? NON! we went to orange like to giddy kids at christmas only to be told all our bank details and passport would not surfice we would need a bank card payment or a cheque, our card would not be delivered for 10 days so yeah thanks alot france.....

After tragic new we went to find more estate agents to find more apartments but obviously this is france and everything shuts between 12 and 2 so we walked back up the horrible hill to our hut with our tails between our legs. At the school I went to find the administrative woman to give her my bank details but of course she wasnt there all day so that was another plan down the drain.

I decided we need to get some food into the hut so we didnt have to go to bed hungry again so i went to find Claire my responsable, she was nice and said she would come look at the apartment with us and help go over the contract as it is all in french which was brilliant of her, she also told me that she would take us shopping at 5... 6.00pm arrives and no claire in sight, she was still in a meeting so we decided to go to the school canteen as it was open today. I felt like a school kid again lining up to go get food, we stayed in the queue for around 20 mins when the card machine broke so chaos erupted and there was no chance we were getting food anytime soon, typical.

So my dinner tonight was mcdonalds how french! but at least there is wifi here. I just feel right now everything that has happened, whether it be positive or negative has ended up been a negative! France give me a break!!!!

Going back to the hut shortly, but at least its market day tomorrow 😊 so we can get some nice food hopefully

speak soon x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb