Wolves, a mountain and a swim


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Midi-Pyrénées » Ariege
July 30th 2020
Published: July 30th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday was a wolf kind of day so we headed back to the wolf Park we last visited when Seth was just 9 months old. True to form Seth fell asleep on the way there. When I woke him up he said he couldn't go in as he was too busy having a sleep! But eventually we masked up and headed in. Well, we would have done but the cafe drew us in for a drink and then a nice lunch and then we went to see the wolves. And goats and rabbits and chickens. It seems incongruous to have a petting zoo at a wolf park until you read what the wolves eat...... Needless to say we didn't share that cynical idea with the boy! The wolves were awesome, the goats were goaty and the rabbits were rabbity. After a fab day, we headed to the shop to get some tea. Seth fell asleep, again, waking up just in time to get back to make pizza and for him to have a play in the hot tub.

Today was hot. So so hot. So so so so hot. So we decided to head up a mountain , it would be cooler. It wasnt. The cable car ride was amazing for one of the three of us, he was very excited. The other 2 of us were a bit less excited and a bit quieter as it wobbled to the ski resort. As we were 'closer to the sun' (to quote ash) it was hotter so after a quick walk around and play on the metal (hotter then the sun) slide we stopped for lunch. All was great until I confused the waiter by asking for 'l' assiette' instead of l'addition. In my defence I was looking at a plate at the time!
We headed down in the cable car, far happier going down not up! And made our way to the pool. The swim was great, the covid rules were fine and we all had a lovely cool down. However we had to figure out the rules for getting out. Observations led us to realise that changing after the swim would take place at the side of the pool. On big steps. In front of everyone. Yay. If I'd worn a nice floaty dress all would have been well but jeans and a t shirt, not so good. Pretty sure most of the pool saw most of me but we're going back tomorrow (in a floaty dress) to see if I can do better!
This evening was hot tub for the boys, cooking for me and a chance to sit in a cooler breeze with a chocolate milk!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.625s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.4214s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb