Over the Channel


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Lower Normandy
April 19th 2007
Published: October 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our 61/2 week expedition to Portugal started when we left Birmingham at 7.40 and had a smooth trip to Dover to catch the Sea France ferry to Calais. We chose this route to France not because it was necessarily the most convenient but by far the cheapest, £85 return for the campervan and us. It was the first time we had crossed the channel by ferry since the tunnel was available and found it very relaxing, although the sea was calm!

There followed an afternoon’s driving on the French motorways. The Morello performed very well maintaining the speed limit of 130km/hour most of the time although I did have to change down on some of the hills.

We spent the night 30 km south west of Rouen on an excellent campsite outside a typical Brittany village called Le Bec-Hellouin. The village has many very attractive half timbers houses which apparently are common in this part of the world. There is also an abbey.

The weather was cloudless and warm all day, continuing what we have been experiencing in England over the last three weeks.

We couldn’t have asked for a better start to the trip.



Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.399s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.2019s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb