Le Tarn


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Languedoc-Roussillon » Sainte-Enimie
September 27th 2021
Published: December 14th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Who could have predicted a global pandemic that stopped the world as we knew, restricting travelling was a big impact on people, but luckily we had been lucky enough to do so much travelling before.

We managed to take advantage of a small travel window and still get out to France for August knowing we would have to isolate for 10 days afterwards which we thought was worth it as we could work from home.

We flew in to Montpellier where we hired a car and headed north stopping at places like Saint-Guilhem-le-Desert which is a great little village to shop and have lunch in the court yard with a huge tree and cliffs in the background and not far away is Le Pont du Diable, where you can laze about in the little beach and go for a swim or for those extreme people, can jump off the bridge and rocks in to the river

Lac de Salagou where we stopped for a swim, Cirque de Navacelles for it's unique moat like appearance and Cirque de Mourezes where you can walk around natural rock formations.

These were all great little places to visit for a day or on the route to Le Tarn.

Last time we went to the Tarn was 6 years ago when I proposed to Anna so it was nice to be back and to relive some memories.

We had an airbnb booked close to the Tarn River in Prades and enjoyed walks along the river to Saint Enimie, visiting Ispagnac and Quezac and exploring the market in Meyrueis. There is an amazing lookout south of Saint Enimie called Le Saltadou where we grabbed a drink looking north in to Le Tarn valley and watching the conveyor belt of many miniscule looking kayakers navigating the winding river.

Our last stop was visiting a friend in Montpellier for a night in Castelnau-le-Lez in one of the outdoor seated restaurants, a great way to end the holiday.

I always love going back to France, there are always amazing places to visit and amazing food to eat


Additional photos below
Photos: 47, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0337s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb