sea number two


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Languedoc-Roussillon » Nîmes
August 3rd 2015
Published: August 3rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday was calm. So calm. So very calm. Up a mountain, glorious weather, reading a book, watching the birds, tasty food. Oh and ash going up on a ( very high) roof to fit a solar panel and me spraying woodworm killer into million tiny holes. Calmness was restored with a lovely barbecue in the setting sun, no diy just great food and company. Oh and the invention of a new game called, I think, 'hit the bread to the chickens'.......
The aim today was to be up and tidied and on the road by ten. Clearly this didn't happen. Barely awake by nine, the cleaning had started by ten and ash had had his first shower of the day. By eleven, cleaning had begun, bags were being packed and ash had helped plane some doors and had his second shower of the day. At eleven, the loading of the van began and by twelve, ash had had shower number three and we were finally on our way in the blazing Sun after a really great weekend.
A quick stop in mirepoix for food proved slightly more complex than expected thanks to market day and a French lack of supermarket logic but finally we made it to nines after around seven thousand euros of road tolls ( this may be an exaggeration). Both of us headed straight fort he hotel pool to cool off. After a long hot day, the only evening plans involve food and sleep for our last French night. next stop Italy.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.292s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0846s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb