The Affairs of Bel Air


Advertisement
Europe » France » Languedoc-Roussillon » Nîmes » Lasalle
April 13th 2009
Published: April 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

My first few days on the farm Today was the second day that I spent on the farm, Bel Air. My first day I potted young yellow tomatoes, planted comfrey, and cleared land around the chestnut trees. Later this week the trees will be grafted so as to produce more fruit. Chestnut trees were cultivated by the monks in this region in the middle ages but they were eventually abandoned once a blight stru... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 57, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




14th April 2009

sounds wonderful lindsey! makes me hungry for some good garden grown greens! (: i hope the work is going well, I'm sure after awhile it will become easy and second hand knowledge for you. i was reading some of robert's book you lent me, and it's really interesting. i looked for his website and found his website/blog, and was delighted to find that he had recently walked the camino de santiago as well. how strange things are connected in this way. my plan hopefully, is to graduate, hike the AT in virginia, go to wisteria summer solstice festival, meet starhawk and psst maybe get you a signed book, new hampshire, move out ):, vacation with family, and quite possibly Maine to wwoof until it gets cold. then who knows? go west? not sure. got your address, will send stuff soon.
14th April 2009

Farming
Loved the pics that you sent. It sounds like hardwork agrees with you. The landscape there is beautiful. I don't think there is anything more rewarding than growing things to harvest. ENJOY! We are off to New Orleans, but we will talk with you on Sunday.
14th April 2009

You all look so beautiful and it sounds just wonderful!! Bonbon de reves doux! Gillian
15th April 2009

Looks like a comfortable spot.
Hello. Robin Ricketts from Steward School sent this link to Linda Dunville of the Steward School who then sent it to me Beau. I am Linda's son and really must compliment your efforts on that area of land, it looks like it is shaping up to be the most rich, most fertile, most exotic, most spiritual land on Earth. I hope your inspiration and motivation continues on into the future and that the bounty be abundant.
17th April 2009

pics
feel like I'm there, such wonderful pictures! thank you. the dog and the yellow flower are my favorites. and you know how much I love TREES.

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb